At Senior LIFE, our dedicated healthcare and support staff are working around the clock to protect our member population during this unprecedented time. We are incredibly grateful for the dedication and sacrifice that our team is making every day. To assure that our members and community stay as healthy and as functional as possible during... More
March 27, 2020
Dear Members and Family Caregivers,
This letter is to update you on the impact of the COVID-19 virus on the Senior LIFE program. The PA Office of Long-Term Living, at the direction of the Governor, ordered all programs like ours to close the day care portion of their programs for an indefinite period. This may last for several weeks.
To assure that our participants stay as healthy and as functional as possible during this time, we have taken the following actions.
- We have adopted CDC and CMS guidelines for COVID19 including screening for participants and staff and precautions to prevent transmission;
- We will continue to provide care throughout clinics and in the home, using recommended screening and precautions;
- We will make sure you continue to receive medications
- We will continue routine and non-routine assessments, including if you request new or increased services, unless you object;
- We will be modifying care plans on an individual basis for longer-term closure of the day centers, offering additional services where necessary to prevent decline;
- We have communication and coordinated with our network nursing homes regarding their screening, admissions and visitation policies and are reaching out to other providers (dental, behavioral health, etc.) to do the same
We have developed plans to handle suspected and confirmed cases and if you have fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat please contact your Senior LIFE nurse or physician at your center.
If you have any questions or needs that are not medical, please contact your social worker and they will get an answer for you.
COVID-19 & You Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. We are still learning about this disease and how to mitigate the impact it has on our communities.... More